The Municipal Courts of New Jersey, through their Violations Bureau, handle criminal complaints, ordinance violations and traffic tickets issued by their respective townships. This includes complaints and tickets issued by local police, New Jersey State Police and various Port Authorities throughout New Jersey. Matters handled in Municipal Court include the following:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Driving without insurance
- Driving while suspended
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Reckless Driving
- Careless driving
- Certain Drug Possession Offenses
- Simple assault
- Disorderly Persons Offenses
- Violations of Municipal Ordinances
- Other moving violations and certain non-felony offenses
Municipal Court convictions can result in a loss of your driving privileges as well as large fines, probation, points on your driving record, an increase in your insurance premiums and the possibility of incarceration.
Our firm has considerable experience in assisting persons charged with these offenses. If you need representation for your Municipal Court matter, please contact us through the below form or call (856) 428-2266 to speak with an experienced attorney.